Robert A. Herlihy, CPA
“Managers hire IPS for personal service, cost-effective operations, and technology. They stay with IPS for the support and advice of our highly specialized CPAs. Fifteen years later, we are humbled by the managers we serve and are proud to contribute to their success.”
Rob is a member at IPS. Since 1995, Rob has advised managers on a variety of business and technical issues. He has significant experience with investor allocations, waterfall provisions, financial reporting, and systems implementations. He serves as a technical advisor to managers and attorneys during the fund formation process.
During his career, Rob has serviced a variety of investment entities, including partnerships, limited liability companies, offshore funds, subchapter S corporations, small business investment companies, and business development companies. Rob has authored white papers on topics including fund administration, fund structuring, and systems implementation. He has led seminars introducing new accountants to the basics of investment partnership accounting.
In their free time, Rob and his wife, Soriya, enjoy bicycling and exploring coastal Maine.
Prior to IPS, Rob was a manager in the investment management practice of KPMG. Before that, he was a senior associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Boston College, Bachelors of Science (B.S.) in Management, Concentrations in Accounting and Economics (1993)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA), member
- Boston College Alumni Association, member
- Big Brother Program, mentor (2002 – 2010)
- Dale Carnegie Training